Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot Soaker.

5-25-10 VERMONT: The soaker hose, under the black fabric in the veggie garden, sprung a leak and was dumping all the water in one spot. I replaced it with a new segment. Doing it would have taken a few minutes if I had done it when I was preparing the beds, but who knew? It was a struggle doing it with the tarp and veggies planted. I connected the new one to the old one and pull the old one out and pulling the new one in. It worked pretty well with only a few hitches, but took an hour. After finishing that I put four sweet basils in the herb section.

I also added a hosta, H. undulata ‘Albomarginata’ to the shady bed by the new patio. While on the patio, I put moss, peeled off the rock formation behind the pond, between pavers in the shady part of the patio. After dinner I did more bed edging work.

Today was in the low nineties with only the barest suggestion of a breeze. Phew.

New blooms: jacobs ladder, cotoneaster, may apple.

No comments: